Monday 25 June 2012

PIGGIN OUT: RESTORAN 8 ROAD, PUCHONG

It’s been awhile since I visited a Chinese restaurant that gave me a “Wow” feeling. It’s always the same old dishes that you have to order, with nothing really exciting about them except for some being cooked better than others.

We frequent Puchong area pretty often but my in-laws/parents (I can’t remember who) had to beat me to visiting this place. It was just the week before that we almost ate here. But my in-laws/parents beat me to it by organizing a meal here before we could go there by ourselves.

Road 8 Restaurant offers something different to their diners. If you’re bored of the biasa-biasa type of Chinese food, you’ve got to visit here for a change in dishes.

One dish which you can find here, rarely found in any other Chinese restaurant in urban area is their Wild Boar Curry Meat! Now you don’t have to go drive some 100km away to some ulu-ulu place just to have a taste of wild boar meat. And they prepare is really well as well. Think curry sauce and the meat is soft and tender.


Another interesting dish here is their Lotus Petai Vegetable. Albeit the fact that it’s a bit oily, the two vegetables goes really well together. A total diversion from the usual petai sambal and lotus soup.


We also ordered their Yin and Yang Pai Kuat which wasn’t too bad at all. Half fried with char siew sauce, the other served with mayonnaise.


The other dish that we ordered was something I cannot remember. My wife is the one that usually orders this. Some starchy soup with loads of taufu, crab meat and egg. Taste a lot like sharks fin without the fin. So if you’re a bit poor, an animalist who shouts “Save the sharks! Say no to shark fin! Down with the Chinese people! Kill the Chinese people!” then this would be the dish for you.


As I can’t read Chinese, I have no idea how much it each cost. So to those who can read Chinese, here you go, to those who’s like me who can’t, take faith in my recommendation and your wallet and visit the place. I don’t get any commission out of it.


Location:
Restoran 8 Road (Road 8 Restaurant)
No. 12A & 15,
Jalan Kenari 8,
Bandar Puchong Jaya
47100 Puchong, Selangor.

GPS: N3.046895, E101.622684

No comments:

Post a Comment