Friday 31 May 2013

31 REASONS WHY I LOVE YOU

 Today, is a very special day for my wife. Today on 31 May, 2013, she turns 31. She has been nothing short of a blessing to me so here’s 31 reasons why I love her (you)…

1.       Because you first loved me…
2.       You have been my place of solace after a stressful day at work.
3.       You have been the voice of reason when I am unreasonable.
4.       You have never contacted the psychiatric ward when I do outrageously stupid things.
5.       When I forget to hang the clothes, you quietly do it while I sleep.
6.       You enjoy beaches as much as I do.
7.       You laugh at my jokes even though they can be lame.
8.       You have a hidden talent of telling jokes seamlessly which never fails to amaze me.
9.       You completed your degree in 2 and a half years.
10.   And you completed your masters in less than 3 years.
11.   You never fail to buy my most needed wants as gifts.
12.   You love kids.
13.   You delivered to us a baby girl.
14.   And then you decided to make it a pair by delivering a boy.
15.   And you seem to be considering doubling that.
16.   You went through 20 hours of labor to deliver our girl with epidural.
17.   And you decided to do better by going through 10 hours of labor WITHOUT epidural.
18.   Your consistent fervor to provide the best for our kids – in terms of healthy food.
19.   The nights where after your work or during the weekends, where you spend that free time not on yourself but by cooking super healthy meals for our kids for the week to come.
20.   Your sacrifices in bearing with breastfeeding our kids and the countless times you’ve cried cause the journey has been tough.
21.   Your sacrifices through interrupted and barely sufficient sleep to take care of the kids at night.
22.   Your strength in going through a wailing child.
23.   How you have for the past 2 years over been fetching our girl to your parents place while you carried your bags, her bags and her down 3 flight of stairs into the car.
24.   How you still continue to hang on through your job no matter how tough it has been to further supplement our salaries.
25.   How you introduced me to coffee and that now, I am a self-proclaimed half-baked coffee connoisseur.
26.   In the available free times you have, you cook up a delicious meal for our dinner.
27.   Your support in all that I do.
28.   Your love for food.
29.   Your warm smile that melts away all the worries of the world.
30.   Your faith in God and the assurance you exhibit.
31.   Your patience when I have been mean.

So today on your birthday, I just want to let you know that you have been an absolute blessing to me and the fruits of our loins (our kids). I am thankful that the fruits of your parents loins bore fruit to such a wonderful woman whom I have the privilege of calling “My Wife”. I cherish every moment that we have gone through and look forward to the coming years together as we both age. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment