Monday 2 July 2012

PIGGIN OUT: SHABU ONE, LOT 10

Who wouldn’t know Shabu One? Me. Coming across the Groupon offer I had to think real hard and asking around so much before even purchasing it (as I once bought a steamboat buffet voucher from Groupon and the place sucked so bad that I’m super cautious now when purchasing any vouchers). So I did read a lot about this place and how awesome it was. So my wife, my daughter and I decided to visit the restaurant, armed with our RM20 per pax Groupon voucher during a weekday lunch.

We arrive slightly before 12 and they were still bringing out the cooked dishes. The variety of dishes offered were not too bad but what I really loved most was the amount of sauces they had. Easily, they had close to 20 types of sauces and cooking wine placed at the dining area. From the regular fried garlic oil, to fermented taufu sauce to their famous lemon sauce. Gives you this grandeur feeling of being a great chef by mixing the sauces together in the soup only to find out later that it made the soup taste bad.

Even though they had a reasonable selection of food, the one thing that sucked was their lala. Super not fresh that when you put in into your soup, it come out tasting super “seng” and that rotten seafood smell just permeates into your nostrils. Was praying so darn hard that I didn’t come down with diarrhea after that.

They of course had the usual selection of ice-cream but the best ice-cream anyone can offer is the “batang ice-cream” which used to be sold by some random kedai runcit during my schooling years. My daughter absolutely loved this as well.

Apart from that, I personally feel that this place is pretty so-so still. Would still prefer the Subang Steamboat @ Yen.









Location:
T18-22, 3nd floor
Lot 10 Shopping Mall
Jalan Bukit Bintang.

GPS: 3.146462, 101.711758

No comments:

Post a Comment