Tuesday 16 October 2012

PIGGIN OUT @ RESTORAN VISHAL FOOD & CATERING

A  taste of heavenly briyani.

I was on Jalan Scott the other week to look for a Jeepa for my best friend’s wedding when I chanced upon this shop. Walked passed it the first time to use the toilet and decided to stop by later for lunch after running my errands. We really didn’t think much about this place as we normally patronize another Sikh restaurant but on that day, the jams were so massive and we were so tired driving around Brickfields looking for a parking that we just decided to eat here. Just to eat to fill our stomachs.

Sat down, super tired, and the waiter asked, “Briyani” and we just nod, too tired to say anything else. We normally take white rice if it’s banana leaf but we were really too tired to say anything else and just relented to any suggestions the waiter had.

The usual banana leaf laid on the table and 3 different vegetables were placed on top of the leaf. Waited a while more and the briyani came. Dug one spoon into it and WAAAALLAAABBBAANNNGGGAAA!!!! It was really really good. Not only was the rice in edible pieces, the spice and especially the ghee made the smell and taste so awesomely fragrant. It was by far the best briyani I have tasted. The taste of a spoon of briyani on my tongue, slowly emitting its fragrance with every bite I took made you immediately feel like you’re on cloud 9.

Then the curry came, and I totally regretted pouring the curry on my rice. The fragrance was then drown in the steady flow of curry, destroying all smell of heaven in its path of destruction as it flowed all over my briyani. Gone was the smell. Gone was the taste. Oh my briyani…. Where have thou gone?

The briyani was so good that immediately after our lunch, we made plans for them to cater for our daughter’s upcoming birthday party. I just need another dose of Vishal’s briyani. So good, you can eat it by its own. Forget about the curry, forget about the egg, forget about the vegetable, forget about the papadam, forget about the chicken, just dig into the briyani!


Location:
Restoran Vishal Food & Catering,
22, Jalan Scott, Brickfileds,
Kuala Lumpur.

Contact: 012-2871995

No comments:

Post a Comment