Wednesday 31 October 2012

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Was about to write about something else but I just couldn’t keep my mind off what our very own Malaysian lady boys – PERKASA said during the last weekend.

News was Jaclyn Victor sang a Christian song in Malay 5 years ago and as PERKASA is like some 5 year backward retard we all know, they made an issue out of it today. Read more here.

First and foremost, I cannot understand how an organizations like PERKASA can get away scot free after their endless tirades of racist remarks. If there be an organization to be charged under the Sedition Act, it will definitely be PERKASA. We all right thinking Malaysians know this. I’m not too sure if my Prime Minister and his ministers fall under the category of “right thinking Malaysians”.

So, my message today is this. If you fight so hard for people to respect Islam, learn how to respect the other religion and races first.

NO. 1

 Singing of a Christian song in Bahasa Malaysia (BM) does not disrespect Islam because plain and simple, BM is a language and not religion. And although in some cases where some languages are very much related to religion (i.e. Jewish to the Jews and Jawi to Islam), BM does not fall under that category. And even in situations where the language is very much associated to a religion, nobody can stop nobody from using the language to preach their own religion. For example, if you PERKASA go to Israel to preach Islam, how would you reach out to the people there? Speak in Jawi? Sing in Jawi?

NO. 2

ALL religions seeks to preach their message to everyone (including Islam of course). I wouldn’t want to argue on why Islam can be preached to other people of other faiths but not vice versa. And I do not want to argue how people are born with a free mind – to think, to reason, to belief and the expectation that people would not convert out of Islam is just realistically impossible. Just like how anyone from Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism can convert away from their religion. And I am not proposing that other religion should be preached to Muslim cause that would be against the law. What I want to argue is this, how the heck can singing a song in BM exalting my Lord and King by saying “semua kaum, semua bangsa dlm negara ini mengharapkan engkau Yesus” be wrong. I am merely expressing my beliefs. Am I pointing a gun at your head to put your hope in Jesus? Am I cutting you bit by bit until you belief your hope is in Jesus? It’s merely a general statement on how we believe we should all put our hope in Jesus because WE believe that JESUS is the true MESSIAH. Would you not also wish that the world put their hope in Muhammad/Allah because you believe Him to be true? Would you not sing this too? Can a Buddhist in the inner hills of China be offended with you when you sing it in Mandarin? If your answer is YES, then you’ll be better off just banning the Bible cause it contains so many verses where Jesus tells the world to put their hope in him, that all should believe Him.

Case in point – Shall I be offended when Maher Zain called me blind? Or shall I also shout “Christians, who are Christian, are not blind!” just like when you shouted, “Malays, who are Muslims, do not put their hope in Jesus!”?

Oh it makes me wonder
How anyone can be blind
To all the signs so clear
Just open your eyes
And I know without a doubt
You will surely see the light

Song: Allahi Allah Kiya Karo, Maher Zain

Of course not, to me he is merely expressing his believe, from his point of view. To Maher Zain, I as a non-Muslim am blind and to me as a Christian, Maher Zain is blind. Get it PERKASA?

As much as I respect the right for you to express your believes, please respect mine too.

NO. 3

Now that you have “come up in arms” to boycott the song/singer, why don’t you pay a visit to the Indonesian Embassy and request for them to boycott Christian song sung in BM/Bahasa Indonesia as well. Satu kali sapu semua la… Jangan bazir masa lagi… Cepat-cepat… to help you out, here are some Christian songs…




CONCLUSION

If your mother haven’t taught you, let me teach you what my momma taught me - as much as you profess your religion, remember to respect the right of other people to profess theirs, including their practices and religious song. If you fail to do that, you fail in the very first thing your religion teaches you and you fail altogether in professing your religion. In times like this I am glad that PAS is the real defender of Islam. So please… R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Btw… Here’s the so “controversial” song some shallow dumbshit wants to boycott…

No comments:

Post a Comment