Tuesday 5 March 2013

PIGGIN OUT @ TOM, DICK & HARRY’S, TTDI

So breakfast/brunch seems to be the new in thing in town… I mean it’s been a while but it’s only now that I am catching up… What?!!? I’m not slow k… I just enjoy my thosai, roti canai, the tarik at my regular mamak at 10am k…

A couple of weeks back, a group of my friends decided to meet up at Tom, Dick and Harry’s instead of our yearly CNY meetup at a Chinese restaurant. We met at about 12:30pm… yes… it’s lunch… but we ordered their breakfast menu so it’s BREAKFAST.

Overall, the experience here was pretty much so-so. Nothing spectacular or nerve shocking.


First up was the “The American Breakfast”  (RM23) – a breakfast set with 2 sunny side up, hash brown, pork sausage, mushroom, bacon, baked beans and 1 slice of regular bread (cut into a triangle). I love freshly baked bread for breakfast so the sight of the 2 pieces of triangle bread with baked beans and sunny side up eggs just made me feel I was camping or in some cheap hotel which serves breakfast and that thought just drowned all the other food. Also, instead of serving you freshly brewed coffee you get free flow coffee from a tank which tasted pretty much like water.


The “Spinach Wrap” (RM20) was badly presented and there’s nothing much to shout about how it tasted. My Sikh restaurant at Bangsar does a much better spinach dish and cost a lot less.


A friend ordered “Egg Benedick’s” (RM20) which looked a lot more appetizing. Didn’t get to taste it so can’t comment much.

Overall this will not be my first choice for breakfast/brunch but would definitely be back to try their much talk about pork knuckle. However, one really annoying thing here is that they allow pets to be brought into the restaurant. I personally love dogs, but bringing a dog into a restaurant is a whole different thing. I wouldn’t mind if you wrap your dog up in cling wrap and bring him/her in but you can’t and your dogs fur would probably be flying around into people’s food. That’s just disgusting. Period.

Location:
18, Lorong Rahim Kajai 14,
TTDI,
60000 Kuala Lumpur

GPS: N3.154730, E101.623124

4 comments:

  1. Quite frankly, I don't get why people pay so much for the "big breakfast" - only cos it looks like something I could do myself, if I were so inclined :P

    Have you guys checked out the eateries Publika?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind doing a big breakfast provided it looks like something that i cannot do at home... This here looks pretty much like YMCA breakfast...

    Have been wanting to go there to no avail... Any good suggestions...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are A LOT of places to eat at Publika (a portion of them are BIG Group ones like Plan B, Ben's etc), but you may or may not want to check out the non-halal foodcourt. I don't know. *shrug* It's up to you...

    Also, the kids' playground there is pretty awesome-looking ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time we were there was like a year ago and the parking sucks.. Been wanting to visit again.. Juz need to find the motivation.. Thanks for the suggestions.. :-)

      Delete