Wednesday 20 March 2013

STRIPPIN DOWN, COOKING UP: PUMPKIN CHICKEN

It has been a while since I last stripped down to cook. However, recently I’ve decided to cook again especially for my dinners so I am able better to control my diet. I use to go to my in-laws for dinner but then I find myself stuffing myself more than I should – especially when she cooks sambal petai. So… trying to stick with my diet plan, I started cooking simple high protein low carbs meal for dinner when I get back from office.

This recipe here is already considered quite elaborate during working days as most days, I would just marinate a meat and stuff it into the oven to cook.

Ingredients:

         i.            Chicken breast – sliced and diced
       ii.            A slice of pumpkin dice
      iii.            Anchovies – handful
 


 
First fry the anchovies till it’s almost crispy


Then fry the pumpkin. Pumpkin takes a little longer to cook so let it simmer in some water.


Once the pumpkin is almost cooked, add in the sliced diced chicken breast. Add in more water if required.


The watery bits should begin to thicken at the end. A really good sign your pumpkin is now soft and ready.
 
And serve…
 
 
Simple…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment