Tuesday 8 November 2011

Fatherhood – The Joy

Honestly speaking, it’s really tough being a daddy and recently my wife just drop a nuclear bomb at me for being easily frustrated with Athalie on a public holiday (which to her was suppose to be a time to spend quality time as a family). The reason for my short-temperedness was of course due to the fact that I had stayed up till 3am the night before caught up with setting up the blog.. :P

“KNOW YOUR PRIORITIES” (Ju Li, 2011)

It’s tough managing my wants and fancies and balancing all of that with the added responsibility of fatherhood apart from the load full of commitment and time sacrifices.

BUT

Despite all of the ramblings, complaint, grievance, grumbles, gripes (they all mean the same thing -  just Shift F7)… all of it just disappears when she smiles when she sees me walking up the stairs coming back from work, laugh a hearty laugh when I do stupid faces/actions (which if done in front of my colleagues, I’ll pretty much be labeled a weirdo and placed to sit at a corner right beside the toilet), hugs me when I carry her, obediently listens to our instructions (which she does most of the time), shares her toys with me by trying to put them in my mouth, tries to run away and screams in excitement every time I say “Daddy is chasing Athalie”, falls asleep on my shoulder (only when mummy is not around), lies on my lap while she drinks her milk from her bottle, quietly lies down in the morning when daddy n mummy are still asleep or try to wake daddy n mummy by slapping our faces, kisses me, grasps my hand, rejects being carried by another person and wants to only be carried by me (juz makes me feel really important), points cutely to the things she want or where she wants to go and gives us a big smile when we wake up (as if she has been waiting for a very long time for us to open our eyes)… shares her food with me… gives you the kesian look to pick her up… and hugs u when she’s being carried… it all just melts away all the negativity…

So… life is pretty fair… as much as it really sucks with all these additional commitments and responsibilities and losing a lot of my own private time... life also throws in hand in hand moments that I could never have if I never had Athalie.

To Athalie… a thousand days of hell is all worth just to receive a smile from you…

And to my wife… I sometimes might not seem to appreciate all that you have, are and will be doing (as I can be quite a selfish, self-absorbed man)… I am thankful each day for all the sacrifices that you have, is and will be making and I cannot thank God enough for entrusting to me such a wonderful person. Muah!!!

- SUPERMAN DOES NOT EXIST. ONLY SUPERWOMAN -

No comments:

Post a Comment