Wednesday 14 March 2012

I WANT TO BE A….

This few weeks has been absolutely crazy with me having to work over weekends. Of course my family life was a bit left out as by the time I got back late on Saturday I was literally worn out and spent my Sunday resting. Not too mention that throughout the week it was crazy rushing to get things done. But all of that is over now and I am slightly more free.

During the course of my busyness, one of the main things that was on my mind was my ambition.

20 years back whenever I had to write about my ambition, I never failed to put 1. CLOWN and 2. LAWYER and I would get the weird look from my friends not knowing how to react when I said CLOWN. Then of course I got older, worked part-time in a hotel and restaurant and absolutely loved it. College came and I took up psychology, but it required me to do a master to further develop in the area of my interest (family/children) so I took up a job in banking mainly because they paid well and I needed the money to get married and now to maintain a child… :P

But what got me thinking this past few days about my ultimate ambition was the fact that I was planning for an event and was making movies and mixing songs and I totally enjoyed it. So now, back at my desk, I have just added another 3 ambitions that I possibly would like to be in the future – event organizer, trainer & av crew.

I guess the 1 problem that I have with most of my ambitions is the time and family. My main goal in life is to spend as much time as I can with my family. So working in a restaurant is out as it requires me to work till late at night and on weekends, event organizer and av crew is out as it requires me to work odd hours and on weekends as well, trainer is out as there’ll be too much travelling and being a lawyer is out as I cannot stand the thought of memorizing tones of acts. So, that now leaves me with being a CLOWN and a PSYCHOLOGIST.

I really don’t think I want to be a banker for the rest of my life… so I’m writing this article just in case I reach my mid-life and I decide to change jobs (especially if I become a CLOWN that I would not be accused of going through a mid-life crisis. For the record, I also dream of owning a sports car. So when the time comes, know that it’s not a mid-life crisis scenario but merely an achieving my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment