Tuesday 28 February 2012

PIGGIN OUT @ AH WANG BAK KUT TEH

Finding a house at Old Klang Road was probably one of the best decisions that I made (thanks to my wife who knocked a lot of sense into my stubborn head then). I am now literally surrounded by good food everywhere I turn – curry mee, pork noodle, beef noodle, cendol, rojak, chicken rice, duck rice etc etc etc… Endless supply of yummylicious food.

This Bak Kut Teh stall is one of our favorites whenever we don’t have the time to travel all the way to Klang. It is located beside Tesco@Old Klang Road by the side of the main road. It’s open only in the evening to wee hours in the morning.

Apart from the reasonably priced food (rightfully so as this stall is right at the side of the main road), this place caters for my wife and my liking. I have recently grown a liking for steam fish and my wife has grown a liking for meaty bak kut teh.

The bak kut teh here serves is 98% meat and 2% vegetable. The soup is light, but still carries a strong herbal smell. The meat is definitely delicious with the 3 layer pork loaded with freshness and a squirt of healthy oil.



The steam fish… I love. I was first introduced to Mun Kee @ Imbi and every couple of months, I would arrange lunch there with my colleagues to fulfill my craving. Sadly though, my wife who loves fish does not like the steam fish head. I on the other hand find it heavenly to chew on huge chunks of fish and to lubricate my mouth with fish blubber. Between Mun Kee and Ah Wang, I still prefer Mun Kee.



This place is so good that at 12am on a Wednesday night, you can still see the place filled with customers and this is the case on most of the nights.


Location:
No. 32, Batu 4 ½,
Jalan Klang Lama,
Kuala Lumpur.

Contact: 013-2282288 / 016-2341319

GPS: N3.093517, E101.674658

No comments:

Post a Comment