Thursday 16 February 2012

PIGGIN OUT @ REN REN BAK KUT TEH (KLANG)

The Chinese blood flows with pork… and then a heart attack thereafter. But before we get to the heart attack portion, this bak kut teh outlet was introduced to me by my wife’s parents. My father in-law use to work nearby and they would sit at this place, enjoy the great food and drink Chinese tea for the rest of the day (he was doing sales so great flexibility of time).

I personally love having my bak kut teh in Klang because it’s where it originates (so I think) and they serve their bak kut teh with OILED RICE. This shop particularly not only serves a variety of dishes apart from bak kut teh, it is also priced very reasonably.



We ordered the dry bak kut teh, soup bak kut teh and an assam fish.

The dry bak kut teh was filled with dry sotong which gave the pork a really good taste.


The soup bak kut teh on the other hand was thick (the way I like it) and herbed up to the max (also just the way I like it). A healthy serving of pork, strands of vege made it worth every penny I paid for it.


The assam fish was also soaked in a load full of sauce and the fish was fresh.


The other dish that they serve here which is worth calling is their “fried baby shark”. But then it’s up to your conscience whether eating sharks is ethical for you or not.

Even though this place is quite a distance from where we live right now, it’s definitely still the restaurant that we visit whenever we need a good bak kut teh meal in klang.

*For the record, writing this post was really tough with the auto-correct keep correcting my “teh” to “the”and me having to constantly re-correcting it. There’s a total of 12 “teh” used in this post, including the last one.


Location:
Lorong Batai Laut 3,
Taman Bukit Cemerlang,
41300 Klang,
Selangor.

GPS: N3.056589, E101.472472

No comments:

Post a Comment