Wednesday 22 February 2012

“YOU NEVER SPEND ENOUGH TIME WITH ME”


And all the men are going… “Hmm... that sounds very familiar”

Only this time for me, it got me thinking for the past days about the statement.

REWIND:  A couple of days ago, while we (my wife and me of course) were talking on the bed (nothing else then), my wife told me a joke, and I told her, “Wah… very funny ho you” and she replied “Yea la, if you’ve spend enough time with me you’ll know”...  silence …. *creak* *creak*…

It really got me thinking then and up to today, how much more less time I’ve spend with her.

For the record, my wife tells excellent jokes and she tells it with such flair that I am always amazed and laugh at the end no matter what. This was something I never expected my wife to be able to do. I mean, the ego me is the great debater, the great public speaking king, the awesome choral speaking champ, the great class talker but truth be told, I can never pull of a joke the way she does it. She can seamlessly share a joke (as long as a paragraph) and I would just be captivated the entire time listening intently to what she has to say next and waiting eagerly for the punch line.. Flawless. I totally absolutely love hearing her jokes.

But in the recent months, there has been of course a lot less of those session due to many many reasons/excuses (mostly from my end):
-          Baby
-          Work
-          TV (that also local channels only as we do not subscribe to Astro knowing full well I’ll probably be hooked on the movies/series the whole day.. I am a TV addict)
-          Handphone (HD games, Fruit Ninja, Pool, Poker, Bowling, Drag Racing, etc)
-          House chores (wash bottle, clothes, plates)

But regardless of the reason, I have to admit, I have definitely spend a lot less time than I should have.

GUILTY AS CHARGED.

Coming to this realization really weight me down in thinking how I ended up here and honestly was sadden by this fact (for my lack of effort in succumbing to the distractions around – of course apart from baby). Thinking back about the times when my wife would share jokes with me brought a smile and a longing to bask in those moments again. Of course it would never be the same amount of time, but I can definitely make the effort to spend time together more.

This article probably would sound lame to some, I mean, it’s only telling jokes… go to the www… go to a stand-up…  but let me assure you, you will NEVER EVER get to experience the smile my wife puts on my face during those moments and I can never fully describe the warmth it puts in me because she’s my wife! Over my dead body!

No comments:

Post a Comment