Friday 6 April 2012

WORK - The GOING BACK ON TIME CONTROVERSY

Ok.. before I say anything further, I have no intention of bitching about anybody in this post nor am I trying to pick a fight… It’s all done in the name of creativity and for me to survive with brilliant comments to reply the next time someone tell me… “Wah… going back so early ar…?”

For the past couple of weeks (like 2 weeks), I have been able to take off from work ON TIME (the keyword here is ON TIME and not EARLY). As I have to pass a set of colleagues before heading out the exit door, they have cheekily made sure to always say “Wah… going back so early ar…?” I of course have provided various replies to counter the comments but I have been repeating some of the replies which I do not think is now sufficient to counter the taunting. So while showering a couple minutes ago, I thought, “Hey… I gotta make a list of replies so the next time they ever taunt me again… I’m gonna have a brilliant reply for them”. For the record I still love my colleagues and this is all done in the name of fun. Who can outsmart the other? So here goes…

20 THINGS TO SAY WHEN YOU LEAVE ON TIME FROM WORK AND SOMEBODY TELLS YOU “WAH… GOING BACK SO EARLY AR…?”

1.       “I am just being compliant to my contract which stipulates that my working hours from Mon-Thu should be from 8:45am – 5:45pm and on Fridays 8:45am – 4:45pm. Don’t let me lodge a report to HR on you for breaching your HR contract!”
2.       “Such INEFFICIENCIES!!! The company should FIRE you!!!
3.       “Stop wasting company resources. They shut the air-condition at 6pm for a reason… the lights are to follow suit”
4.       If they come in late the next morning… say at the top of your voice… “Wah…. LATE AGAIN AR…? Contract say what time ooo…?”
5.       “I’ve got a family”
6.       “Just in case you didn’t know… there’s this thing called a LIFE outside the office”
7.       “And just in case you also didn’t know… apart from the moon, there’s also such a thing called the sun”
8.       “Stop pretending to work. Boss already went back”
9.       “Whose shoe you trying to shine?”
10.   “Didn’t know you married your computer. Congratulations! When would you be having kids?”
11.   “What? You still haven’t finish your work ar?”
12.   “It’s a good thing the company has a life insurance for you. That’ll be the best thing  your parents would get ever since you join the company”
13.   “Eh… Was just wondering… Does your children call you mummy or do they call the maid that?”
14.   “Didn’t know you intended to end your life so soon”
15.   “You think your husband/wife is having an affair right now?”
16.   “Your brains have been working pretty slow this past month ar…? You think you need to re-take the IQ test?”
17.   “Age must be catching up… Your motor skills seems to be deteriorating… Arthritis maybe?”
18.   “Didn’t know boss made you the timekeeper. Keep up the good work”
19.   “Only clerks get paid OT… you get paid OT too...?”
20.   “Hey… we’re going for a drink… Continue working k…”

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment