Thursday 5 April 2012

PIGGIN OUT @ MUN KEE STEAM FISH HEAD

My wife would sometimes ask, “Where to for dinner… my oh so wonderful bestest husband in the whole wide world…?” and I would say “Mun Kee” and she immediately gets chills down her spine and would regret ever asking me that question.

It is not that Mun Kee serves horrible food but it’s probably because we’ve done too much Mun Kee and she does not enjoy fish head. It’s really quite ironic. I use to not quite enjoy fish dishes (always thought they were too pricey and barely fed my stomach) but ever since I’ve discovered Mun Kee, I’ve fallen in love with fish. Huge fish portion with a very reasonable price tag that come along with it. She on the other hand has always enjoyed fish dishes…. …. …. … except when we go to Mun Kee… to her… it’s probably… fish HEAD – BIG – UGLY. But in any case, like in any good husband and wife relationship, we give in to one another and this time when we went to Mun Kee, I made sure I took pictures to remember the moments just in case it’ll be a couple more years before I go there.

I first discovered Mun Kee through a colleague. It was a shop in Imbi, under some zinc and planks, barely any fan, filled to the brink with people but when the food came then… HEAVEN…!!! The fish that we ordered was awesome, steam egg, steam pork and vege was just really… HEAVENLY… and then we went there again… and again… and again... and again… and again… until I found out they actually had an outlet super near my place. Also after that they moved to a different place which I have yet to locate to this day so I’ve stuck with the Mun Kee @ Happy Garden.

Enough said. Here are some of the dishes we had this time around. Needless to say, I love the fact that the fish was super huge, fresh and priced only @ RM25. I personally loved it when it’s prepared with bare minimum – soya sauce, other sauces, some ginger and salty beans.


Other dishes that we had which was equally good.


Taufu @ RM12

"Ham Yi Fa Lan Po" @ RM12.. we ate some liow...



Location:
Mun Kee Steam Fish Head,
New Happy Garden Food Court,
43-A,
Jalan Lazat 1, Taman Gembira,
58200 Kuala Lumpur.

GPS: N3.076809, E101.680035

No comments:

Post a Comment